Head-off inconsistent integration methods to ensure an optimized and repeatable process
Avoid integration risks and properly apply mitigation techniques
Limit resistance to integration milestones and value creation
Live online Friday November 3, 2022
10am - 4:30pm (CST)
Determining the M&A integration strategy
- Linking the integration strategy to the deal thesis and value drivers
- Methods for linking diligence to the integration planning process
- Defining and recruiting the right leadership / setting up the PMO office
- Establishing clear and measurable synergy and value drivers
- Articulating the future state goals early in the process
- Determining the pace of integration and value creation
- Optimizing governance to drive fast and effective integrations
M&A Integration Leadership
- Developing integration plans to address cultural issues
- Using a slow or rapid phase-in of changes in human capital policies
- Technology platforms to manage integration
- Curtailing negative synergies
- Budgeting and managing integration costs
- Tactics to avoid common integration mistakes/pitfalls
M&A Integration Process & Governance
- Maintaining momentum in the ongoing businesses
- Involving customers and suppliers in the integration process
- Integrating brands, marketing, channels, and sales teams
- Shifting workforce-related processes and protocols
- Holding leadership and the PMO accountable / measuring performance
- Reporting integration metrics to investors and financial analysts
- Capturing integration best practices and building institutional capabilities
Professor Stephen G. Morrissette, Ph.D. is a Professor of Strategic Management at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business where he teaches Merger & Acquisition Strategy.
His 30 years of practitioner expertise include various CFO roles where he was responsible for M&A and post-merger integration.
His academic career includes 15 years of full-time teaching where his expertise includes Strategic Planning, M&A, and Capital Planning.
Awarded Upon Completion
You will receive 5.5 CLE and/or 6.5 CPE credits (if applicable) and course certification for LinkedIn.
You will also be invited to join a confidential discussion space for exchanging ideas, best practices, recommendations, and information with other M&A Master Class alumni.